About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Tyler's Quilt





The last time I blogged, (sounds like something I shouldn't do:) I had posted our newest grand babies birth and her quilt.

This quilt is the first quilt made for our first grand baby,Tyler. He has graduated from high school.
In my defense, I did not quilt when he was born and did not begin until he was 1o years old. I thought about his quilt long before I actually made it, I needed to have a connection to him in the quilt itself. I paper pieced the blocks in bright colors, remembering the first time I saw him, he took my breath away. He and his mommy were so beautiful. The pattern is an abstract multi-faceted star. He certainly is a bright and multi-faceted star. The next connection was the sewing machine itself. I pieced this quilt entirely on my antique Singer Featherweight machine. I had not used the machine for piecing until this quilt or since but it was the perfect choice because our dear sweet Tyler is a wrestler. I do not know if he is still classified as a featherweight but his quilt is. I hope he will always wrap in the quilt and feel the warmth of our love for him.

1 comment:

  1. I like the size you have made Tyler's quilt, it will serve him a long time as he grows and I think a boy would like that.

    ReplyDelete