About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow! MAN!





The Snowman was born today! He doesn't have a name just yet but he is ready to go play tennis or ride in a rodeo. Richard and Millicent had to run out to play in the snow before it is gone. We realize to our Northern family this is a touch of snow but down here in the south this is a ton of snow. I hope you are all having a good time in your snow. It certainly brings out the kid in us. Where am I? Taking pictures of course, in the warm, dry house.

When the children were little we travelled with Dad's job and we spent time in Denver...no snow. We were in Indiana for 5 years and it barely snowed, I am not kidding. Just a dusting of snow. So they really never had the opportunity to play in the snow as I did growing up in Missouri. One winter day in Mississippi, we received about 1/2 inch of snow fall and they all bundled up, went out with sleds and snowsuits and with in a hour they were playing in the mud. The snow was gone as soon as they touched it. I wished they could have enjoyed the beauty and the wonder of those tiny flakes adding up to mountains of snow. Each time it has snowed here since then one of them would ask, "Mom is this real snow?"

Today they are enjoying the snow with their dad or with their children and they were up with sun because they know the snow will melt and the children will be grown before they know it.

1 comment: