About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Great Western Adventure



Time has passed so quickly!! In the summer of 2010 we took a trip west. My husband, our youngest son, me and my dog Gabby. It was great fun, we spent two weeks visiting national parks all through Texas, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. We camped in  a slide-in camper on the back of the truck and pulled a trailer with their two motorcycles. We saw so many beautiful sites, breath taking, awe inspiring, humbling site.  I did really want to go to Chaco Canyon but it had been raining and we were trying to make it to Mesa Verde at a reasonable hour so we passed it by.

When we returned home I went to my LQS (local quilt shop) and saw the lovely fabric line...Stonehenge. To me it was perfect for my western quilt. I made this quilt for my son to commemorate our trip, I started it on his birthday in August.  It is my Chaco Canyon and I call it "Anasazi  Sunset".

No comments:

Post a Comment