About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SuperStars

Zana and Arely came to visit for the Fourth of July. I was able to finish their star pillows before they arrived. Both the girls really liked their pillows. They were perfect for sitting, laying down and stacking. I have several more to make and I look forward to doing so because I think all the grand babies will enjoy them. Arely asked me.."Granny why do you make things for me?' Of course I said' "Because I love you so much." to which she replied,"o, thank you."






The time we spend with the children is so swiftly passing. When they arrive it is a flurry of activity to get them in from the car with all their belongings .  They play and eat, swim and run, and then settle down for the night and gently fall asleep in their little beds, to wake in the morning and do it all again. But very quickly it is time for them to pack up again and go home, the visit is over. We kiss and hug, hope and pray . We hope the little ones will remember the hugs and fun until they come back. Maybe the star pillows will help.


4 comments:

  1. Love the star pillows - where can I get a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pattern for this shape pillow, but smaller , The squares are 5 inches. It's purpose is for resting on your knee while hand sewing, . There is a smaller version as a pin cushion.
    I would guess your squares to be about 10inches.. would that be right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable grandchildren!
    And how blessed they are to have loving grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pillows are adorable. could you tell me, where you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete