About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Twisted Branches

I have been thinking about making one of these beautiful wall hangings for over a year.  I first saw twisted branches at the MQA meeting and I thought it was lovely. I decided to get started because I may finish it in time for a local quilt show.
I pieced the background and quilted it and then placed the tree. After I finish sewing the tree in place I will add leaves and perhaps some beads. We will have to see where the wind blows me.


Trees have always played a part in my life.  An odd comment perhaps, but there are people who live in cities and neighborhoods where trees are few.  I have always lived in the woods.  My family spends our time under the canopy of towering oak trees. We picnic, play games, read, swim, live in the dappled sunlight.   The swing hangs beneath the branches, where a breeze stirs each time we sit with a glass of tea.  Here in the south the shade of a familiar tree is like a hug from a friend.  We are refreshed and ready to begin anew.

On cool nights we cook our dinner over a campfire, enjoying the night sounds. The rustling leaves sooth and the breeze lulls us to sleep.

When I was a girl in school,  I remember this phrase in Literature but I do not recall to whom I should attribute these words, "Trees are monuments of peace".  The phrase expressed my feelings quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment