About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

February Quilts

 Today I have two wonderful quilts to chat about.  First the brown, red, and cream top was a gift from my nephew.  He found it at a yard sale and thought of me.  Isn't he too sweet. I would like to figure out the age of the top as it is simply stunning in my opinion.

It is sewn beautifully and is very clean.  there are a few tiny spots that look like rust but I think they are just age spots. All seams are secure...just lovely.  I am really proud of the top and it will be a treasure to me.

I do not know whether I should try to make it into a quilt because I feel a connection to the piecer and think I should leave her work as she did.  The second picture shows it on display in my home.










 The second quilt is also very lovely.  I spoke of it in an earlier blog.  "Union Blue" was made for the LQS to be displayed with the Washington's Legacy fabric line.  I finished the binding and now I will have to give it up for a while.

I hope all the kits to make this quilt sell quickly so I can have it back on my rack where it belongs.  

The quilt was quick and easy to make even though I have rudimentary skills.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I've never seen the pattern before. When I first looked at it, I could see parts of a drunkard's path but only the small curved part. Is the red path appliqued on? If so it could be a snowball block but using the drunkard's path curved piece rather than the triangle corners. Again, lovely quilt and it looks like it's found the perfect home.

    Peggy S from SW Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very difficult to date, even approximately, a quilt or top made of solid fabrics. I am not an appraiser but I read alot of quilt history books :-) Sorry I can't help here.

    ReplyDelete