About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What is a Siggy?


A few years ago, I joined some online quilt groups. The first one I joined was Dear Jane in honor of the Jane Stickle quilt. I then joined numerous others I was introduced to through the original. Quickly I began reading the chatter about siggies...I though what the heck, I gave up sigs 20 years ago. Why would would I want to sign up to exchange them?


Live and Learn...siggies are signature blocks swappped all around the globe. Little squares of friendship. I decided to join the fun. Well, just like the old cigs these were addictive but unlike the others, these are very health enriching. I joined a birthday swap along with 120 other quilters and we swapped these little treasures. We received a list from our "swap mommy" then near each of the recipient's birthday we sent them a block. In your birthday month you were scheduled to receive 120 blocks from your invisible friends. Great fun!


I decided to put my blocks together with embroidered blocks that signified each month, ending with a beautiful block entitled "Friendship". Here follows the gathering of these friends into a very warm, cheerful, birthday hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment