About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Quilt for Lauren



This is a thank you quilt. I made it for my niece, Lauren and her husband, Dustin. He is a navigator in the USAF. Lauren was in the Air Force for a little while also. I wanted to make them a wedding quilt but I am very far behind so this became an anniversary quilt instead. I want to say thank you to them for sacrificing for our freedom. They are a young couple struggling to have a marriage in a time when finances are precarious and our country is at a war. They sacrifice to live in a place they may not have chosen, to be on call for a mission at a moments notice, and they do this for our freedom.......yours and mine. And I thank them. Honor all who serve and to me that includes their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment