About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mariner's Compass




This past week I had the fun and pleasure of taking a class on Mariner's Compass from M'liss Rae Hawley. We had a wonderful time and I learned some more about color placement. I have never really "learned" the color wheel and have become inspired to do so. Color theory is a mystery to me. I "see" but i have no idea how it really works. She also challenged me to learn stitch in the ditch with my longarm. I am intimidated by this, it requires a steady hand and good eye sight. Two things I lack. I have so many gadgets to help with longarm quilting but I really do not know how to use the gadgets. So many things to learn.
I also had the pleasure of reading an article about her son Alex who is a Staff Sargent in the Marines stationed in Afghanistan. The article was very moving for me and once again I was aware of the sacrifice of others for us, for me, for freedom. This young man is the cream of the crop. I am in prayer for my nephew Erik and the soldiers in Iraq because he is mine. Suddenly I looked at each soldier as mine. I wish they didn't have to be there but I am grateful they are willing, and my prayers are more specific for them and their safety, comfort , and conviction. So many things to learn.
If you have the opportunity to meet or have a class with this wonderful lady, go. you will be blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment