About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Today has been a pleasant day. I began the day at church. We talked about being offended and what we can do when we have been. The Good Lord knows sometimes we are the offender.
We talked about living above our circumstances. God is in control of our circumstances. Praise the Lord, I am so glad I am not in control, I would mess up everything.
After church I fixed lunch. My husband was astounded that I still know how to cook. (I could have been offended). It was a good lunch but I ran down to my sewing room to work on some blocks. This is one I completed today. I am only 2 months behind, this is the May basket. I used felt to make the cherries and leaves which I intend to felt to the fabric very soon.
A few years ago I bought felt at a quilt shop in Missouri and recently I purchased the tools for felting. I made my sister a pin cushion and proudly exclaimed .."It only cost me $50." We laugh about that often but really the cost of her pin cushion is reducing as I use these items for other things. I have far too many interests and am master of none.
I later went for a 1-1/2 mile walk in the park with my husband and our son. the sun had gone down so it was bearable as it has been horribly hot and humid for the last 6 weeks. We finally had a little rain and the temperatures are now a cool 90 degrees. It is amazing how much better 90 is than 100.
I have enjoyed the day, slow and easy, no big surprises, a little sewing, good company and a good lesson to ponder this week. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment