About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Today, I was able to upload five more of my Civil War Love Letters blocks designed by Rosemary Youngs. I hope you will enjoy taking a peek . I am uploading five at once so I hope to add more later in the week.

In an earlier post I mentioned my dear Christmas friend, her name was Rosemary. She was a wonderful, robust German girl I met when I lived in Indiana. We were fast friends because of her outgoing personality. I loved my friend. She called me everyday and talked for hours about??? I have no idea!!
We moved away and she and I kept in touch the best we could, I had 8 children she 6, but every Christmas eve for 20 years the phone would ring sometime after midnight and we would talk and laugh until Santa had finished his chores and left both of our homes. She was a devout Christian and a wonderful Mom, she loved 'folksy things'. She loved the work of the Amish and she would have loved my quilt. Rosemary died Easter three years ago. I feel her loss every Christmas eve when the phone no longer rings. A sadness creeps in where so much joy and laughter and friendship lived. I am thankful for the many years Rosemary blessed my life. I am also grateful we had a chance to meet one last time 5 years ago. Each Christmas eve since her death I look at the silent phone and I hang the house ornament on the tree that she gave to me to remember --and I do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the wonderful story about your special friend. You honor her here and in your heart... that's nice.
    Hugs,
    Cyn:)

    ReplyDelete