About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


This Block titled," Liberal with Furlough" was actually finished after Thanksgiving. We had a houseful and now it is quiet. Liberal with furlough I guess means everyone gets a chance to go home and visit with loved ones. At times like this we think of our children coming home but also of the loved ones who have gone home to be with the Lord. I miss my Dad, so often he is on my mind. He wasn't always the "best" Dad but he was certainly always "mine". I do not know if our family had any traditions at Thanksgiving, perhaps we blessed the dinner or maybe some watched football but I remember my Dad at the head of the table, shirt with big pockets, long john sleeves under his short sleeved shirt,(always made by Mom),carving the turkey. The night before the house was filled with the excitement of preparations, my job was always crumbling the bread for the dressing. I hope my kids remember something about our Thanksgivings and I pray they are thankful for those days. I'm grateful for special family days and I am proud to be the Mom who fixes the feast. And I am thankful for quiet days after when I can make a block or 2--not necessarily a shirt with big pockets.

1 comment:

  1. Ilove your blocks and the stories you have made with them. this is like your diary of your civil war quilt.. well done.

    ReplyDelete