About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day 2015 10,000 Reasons

I believe that pattern for his quilt is sometimes called 1000 Pyramids. I began this quilt 12 plus years ago. I cut triangles from dresses, pillows, and fabric and put them in a plastic bag. Occasionally I would sew a few together and and toss them back. Time passed and I completely forgot about this little endeavor.

A few months ago while cleaning my sewing room (please refer to my previous post about my motto) my motto  I found the "long forgotten". There are a few, so I chose one to finish. O my Lord were these pieces crooked. Those bias edges were mostly skewed but I persevered. I had to add new triangles and once again I was reminded of my husband, our marriage, and our family. Fabric from clothing, home decorator items, saved and new fabrics prompted me to finish this quilt as a gift for him. Our family is a colorful patchwork some of us are a little wrinkles and maybe a little out of shape:)but always able to fit together to make a whole. Three sides certainly reminds of the Holy Trinity and the three sided covenant of Richard, Rebecca and Jesus.  I am a blessed wife and mother because my husband is a Godly father, a man who is an example to model. He doesn't acknowledge his traits but every one who knows him...sees the hand of God our Father.  

The quilt is not square, it has flaws and wrinkles but the borders are on, it is quilted and bound for my man whom I love and admire for 10,000 Reasons.




No comments:

Post a Comment