About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spider!!!


This reminds me of a line in a Dwight Yoakam song...Once there was this spider in my bed....
I made this pin using an old metal zipper. I thought it was very cute, for a spider. I think I will make a few more. 
I have been busy making little things that I will share soon, but I haven't been able to work on my quilts.  I need take along projects even though I am not going anywhere(metaphorically and physically). Doesn't  make much sense.  It is a long journey down the stairs to the sewing room. I have to pass so many markers on the way....the bathroom that needs cleaning, dishwasher to load and unload, that sticky kitchen floor, laundry to fold, and the biggest time consumer...the computer.  All these distractions make the distance to the sewing room a decathlon.  If I can just do this, this, and this, theeeeeennnnn, I can sew. AHHHH.  Instead I have little projects sitting by the sofa ready to be stitched, glued, stuffed or read until I have the stamina to wade through the obstacles to the winner's (sewing) circle and still have time for the victory dance.

1 comment: