About Me

My photo
I enjoy sewing, knitting, and quilting. I have a adoring husband of 43 years, 8 beautiful children and 13 grandchildren (so far). I also enjoy studying my Bible and practicing yoga. The LORD is Good All the time.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hey! Hey! We're the Monkeys

I did it! I finished all four monkey quilts using the Anita Goodesign monkey embroidery CD, in time for Christmas!
I also made each of my little monkeys a sock monkey of their own.
It was fun to watch each one come together. I made four quilts similar but not identical for our four youngest grand (monkeys) children. I named the series of quilts, the title of this post and each quilt was assigned a number 1 through 4 to correspond with the age of its recipient.
#1 goes to 1 year old Harlie, #2 is for 2 year old Laney, #3 is for 3 year old Arely, and #4 goes to 4 year old Hunt. I hope they will all go "bananas" for their quilts and new friend.




2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I was reading DJ alternate and saw you had a blog, so was checking it out.What an adorable idea. I love to "sew" on crafty items too. Since Christmas have been working on several. It is a nice way to relax. I love the Santa wall hanging you have on another post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for grand kids. I recently added 4! to my 6 since my son is adopting a family group of 4. I have a lot of sewing to catch up on. Two of them need twin size quilts....

    ReplyDelete